Tuesday, March 29, 2011 from 1:00 to 2:00 PM EST.
Urban Financial Services Coalition is committed to ensuring the equitable participation of minorities at all levels of the financial services industry. The Federal Reserve Board of Cleveland, part of the nation’s central bank, is seeking a candidate for a Senior Examiner/ Examiner position located in either Cleveland, Ohio, Cincinnati, Ohio or Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Serve in high-profile leadership role as Examiner-In-Charge of medium to large and/or higher risk banks and bank holding companies and technology service providers. When not serving in the capacity of Examiner-In-Charge, will lead or assist on reviews of specific areas of bank and holding company activities or operations, with an emphasis on high risk areas or activities.
- Serve as Central Point of Contact for a Community Bank Holding company with assets between $1 and $10 billion. In this capacity, plan and execute all phases of supervisory activities, including on-site inspection and off-site periodic surveillance activities. Maintain effective collaboration and communication with financial institution management and primary bank regulators.
- Ensure examination scopes are well-thought out, are targeted to the areas of highest risk, and demonstrate effect and efficient use of resources.
- Provide strong leadership of the examination process from inception to closure. Is self-motivated and sets high expectations for self and for others, and holds self and others accountable for achieving established and agreed-upon expectations
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of examination findings and the risks they present to the institution
- Convey the results of an examination to an institution’s management and boards of directors in an accurate, clear and concise manner. In addition, demonstrate the ability to clearly articulate, in writing and orally, the corrective action required by an institution’s management and board of directors.
- Pro actively and effectively communicate with all levels of Reserve Bank management and interact and communicate with Board of Governors’ Staff, including at the officer-level. Able to provide clear and concise explanations and support for supervisory findings, ratings and recommendations for enforcement actions, as applicable, to Reserve Bank and Board Staff.
- Interact with other examiners in a manner that openly and readily facilitates and fosters the sharing of experiences, insights, and knowledge. Exhibit personal qualities and characteristics that reflect a willingness to coach and mentor all colleagues
- Coordinate with and interact with District and out-of-District peers, to encourage and foster greater consistency in examination approaches and help to drive sound and best practices throughout the department and cross the Federal Reserve System
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Management: advanced degree and/or certification (PMP, CPA, CFE, CBA, CFA, CIA) a plus 4+ years of related work experience
- Regulatory experience preferred, to include leading large community or regional bank examinations (experience supervising holding companies a plus)
- If candidate does not possess regulatory experience then a minimum of 4 years commercial banking experience is required, to include knowledge of/ experience with the lending, or loan review, process (consumer, small business loans, residential real estate, and commercial/commercial real estate). In addition, experience with bank branch operations, audit, and risk management is also required
- Ability to identify and communicate risks through the examination process
- Sound financial analysis, accounting, problem solving, and judgment skills are required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven analytical abilities
- Strong technical knowledge including the ability to understand and analyze financial statements
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team are a must
- Must be willing to travel 80% of the time
- Position can be located at our Cleveland, Cincinnati, or Pittsburgh location
* PLEASE NOTE: This position requires access to confidential supervisory information, access to which is limited to âProtected Individualsâ as defined by regulation of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. Citizens, U.S. National and lawful permanent resident aliens (also known as âgreen card holdersâ) but do not include i.) a permanent resident alien who fails to apply for naturalization within six months of the date the alien first becomes eligible to apply for naturalization and ii.) an alien who has applied on a timely basis, but has not been naturalized asÂ citizen within 2 years after the date of the application, unless th alien can establish that the alien is actively pursuing naturalization. If you are selected for an interview, you will required to present documentation of your eligibility prior to the interview
For individuals interested in this opportunity, we will have a Tele-Conference with Larry Cameron (Senior Examiner), Tracy Conn (Assistant Vice President) and Erin Lewis (Senior HR Generalist) on Tuesday, March 29, 2011 from 1:00PM to 2:00PM Eastern Standard Time. During this call information will be shared about the opportunity and suggestions will be gathered about who you might know that will be an excellent candidate for the role. This call is available to Urban Financial Services Coalition Members and Non-Members.
To receive the call information, please register at the Events Calendar â www.ufscnet.org