Thursday, October 27, 2011Â 7:00 p.m.Â Medgar Evers College, Brooklyn, New York.
Ryan Mack, Author, Speaker and Financial Advisor on the Launch of the “Less Talk… More Action” Economic Security TourÂ TOWN HALL MEETINGÂ at 7:00 p.m.Â Thursday, October 27, 2011 at Medgar Evers College, Brooklyn.
The “Less Talk… More Action” Economic Security Tour understands the need to recruit individualsÂ who have proven ability to empower others to support this movement.Â Four “Ambassadors of Action” who have committed to rolling up their sleeves to do the work necessary to accomplish the objectives of the LTMA. These socially conscientious experts will
- Provide tangible solutions for low financial literacy rates in theÂ African AmericanÂ community
- Inspire and provide community with tangible tips of entrepreneurship and employment
- Assist in creation of book project that gives tangible tips of educational reform and inspiration to include financial literacy within all curriculum
- Provide solutions for high incarceration rates in the African American community
The “Less Talk… More Action” Economic Security Tour (LTMA) focuses on using financial literacy as a primary tool ofÂ empowerment for the Black Community.Â This unique approach expands financial literacy to also include unemployment, incarceration, and education with specific focus on:
- Improving financial literacy rates in African American communities.
- Reducing unemployment rates in African AmericanÂ communities.
- ReducingÂ mass incarceration ratesÂ Â in African AmericanÂ communities.
The Optimum Institute of Economic Empowerment (OIEE) has a mission to create and implement tangible economic empowerment programs. As a change agent OIEEÂ will develop and administer programs that will focus on teaching and increasing exposure to principles of financial literacy within communities of need. Working with individuals and also in collaborationÂ with Â other community constituents OIEEÂ believes that individuals, business, and communities can be educated to understand and adhere to those financial principles which will serve a solid foundation for future economic growth and sustainability. This tour is funded by George SorosÂ Open Society Institute through their Center for Black Male Achievement (CBMA) program and will run from October 2011 rough June 2012.
For more information call 866-628-5052Â or visit www.LessTalkMoreAction.info
Urban Financial Services Coalition is a National Partner of the “Less Talk… More Action” Economic Security Tour.