3 Days of Empowerment to Super Charge Your Business and Career Growth
Banking and the Economy – A Forum for Minorities in Banking
The Federal Reserve System is hosting the third annual forum designed to provide senior level or high potential middle management minority bank leaders with industry, leadership and professional development knowledge that will enhance their careers and networks.
The 46,500 square foot Gannt Center presents, preserves and celebrates excellence in the art, history and culture of African Americans and people of African descent. The theme of the Harvey B. Gantt Center is “where you belong.” This captures the original vision of the community leaders who created the vision Afro-American Cultural Center, the foundation of Harvey B. Gantt’s community service, and the essence of what the Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture will symbolizes today, for all visitors.
UFSC Leadership Workshop – Finding Your Why
Experience a day of inspiration, connection, and leadership development with UFSC leaders who will guide you through a process to understand and articulate your individual WHY – the purpose, cause or belief that inspires you. You will also define your HOWs – the concrete, actionable, and authentic set of values that bring your WHY to life. You will then examine WHAT you do to ensure it is a consistent representation of who you are and aligns with your greater purpose.
UFSC National Collegiate Oratorical Competition
The organization will crown the Urban Financial Services Coalition Collegiate Orator of the year. The college students take on current issues in the financial services industry and in society that impact communities of color.
Networking Dinner – Nana’s Soul Food
UFSC Members and financial professionals are invited to build new relationships and reconnect with old relationships over a delicious plate of soul food at Nana’s SoulFood Kitchen located at 2908 Oaklake Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28208
Thursday, September 27, 2018
Banking and the Economy Forum: A Forum for Minorities in Banking at Charlotte Office of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond (Located at 530 East Trade Street, Charlotte, NC 28202) o Strengthening the Pipeline for Minorities in Banking
- Overview of Banking and the Economy
- Activating C-Suite Talents o What You Really Need to Lead
- Leadership Lessons from the Top: A Continued Discussion on What You Really Need to Lead
- Networking Reception and Money Vault Tours o Discussion Dinners
Friday, September 28, 2018
Banking and the Economy Forum: A Forum for Minorities in Banking at Charlotte Branch of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond (Located at 530 East Trade Street, Charlotte, NC 28202)
- Opening Keynote
- Financial Services Industry: Trends in Management Representation of Minorities and Women and Diversity Practices.
- Panel Discussion: Moving beyond the 12%: Equipping, Educating, and Empowering
- Luncheon Keynote – UFSC Tour of the Harvey B. Gantt Center for African–American Arts + Culture – Networking Dinner at Nana’s SoulFood Kitchen
Saturday, September 29, 2018
- UFSC Board Meeting (UFSC Board Members only)
- UFSC Leadership Workshop on Finding Your Why
- UFSC National Oratorical Competition
***All events on this day will take place at Johnson C. Smith University***
To register and get the full schedule for the Banking and the Economy: A Forum for Minorities in Banking, hosted by the Federal Reserve of Richmond, Charlotte Branch, visit
- Registration cost $250
UFSC Hosted Events
- Tour of Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture; Networking Dinner at Nana’s SoulFood Kitchen; UFSC Leadership Workshop on Finding Your Why; and Oratorical Competition – visit Super Charge Your Business or Career Growth – UFSC Events.
- Registration cost Early Registration: $30 UFSC Members, $40 non members (Expires September 1, 2018.
- Regular registration $40 UFSC Members, $50 non members.