Urban Financial Services Coalition invites you to “Super Charge Your Business and Career Growth” by attending a three day forum in St. Louis, Missouri, September 26 – 28, 2019. UFSC members and financial professionals are invited to participate in the following empowering activities:
Banking and the Economy: A Forum for Minorities in Banking: The Federal Reserve System is hosting its fourth annual forum to enhance careers and build networks of senior level or middle management minority bank leaders. The forum will focus on invaluable industry, leadership, and professional development knowledge.
Maximize Your Leadership Training – Learn how to get more done with fewer resources. This forum will teach strategies to develop your authentic leadership power. Authentic leadership builds up those around you. We help you focus on growing talent and cultivating new ideas to drive change and innovation. Our leadership training program helps leaders use their intelligence to amplify the smarts and capabilities of management teams. When you walk into a room, light bulbs will shine over people’s heads, ideas will flow, and problems will be solved. The world needs more of these leaders, and you can be one of them. During this half day session, attendees will learn the following:
- Power of Authentic Leadership
- Overview of the leadership traits of Multipliers versus Diminishers
- Best Practices and Strategies for Leading High Performing Teams
- Coaching Skills for Team Development
“Making it Stick: Your Post Forum Action Plan” – Motivating, inspiring, and empowering learning sessions are most valuable when you can apply the knowledge to your professional environment. Adult learning expert Jeff Hurt says, “The real work [of learning] actually begins when the education session ends. The real work is the effort the learner uses to transfer and apply the new knowledge and skills so that it improves their performance.” In this session, Urban Financial Services Coalition will share its best practices for creating an action plan to implement what you learned and cultivate the new relationships you established. In order to be intentional about taking your career to the next level, attendees will have the opportunity to participate in the UFSC “Next Level” Learning Challenge.
Thursday, September 26, 2019
Banking and the Economy: A Forum for Minorities in Banking at Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis (Located at One Federal Reserve Bank Plaza, Broadway and Locust Streets, St. Louis, Mo. 63102)
- “Let Us Put Our Money Together: The Founding of America’s First Black Bank” – A fireside chat with Alden McDonald
- Inclusive Leadership
- The Power of LinkedIn
- Community Engagement: A Tool to Leadership in Banking
- Partnership for Progress: Resources for Minority-Owned Institutions
- Mentors, Sponsors, and Champions: Strategies to Building Your Personal Board of Directors
- Opportunity Zones
- Banking Conditions
- Will Housing Lead the Economy Into Recession?
- Next Up: A Conversation with Emerging Leaders of Color
- Networking Reception
Friday, September 27, 2019
- Banking and the Economy: A Forum for Minorities in Banking at Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis (Located at One Federal Reserve Bank Plaza, Broadway and Locust Streets, St. Louis, Mo. 63102)
- Good is Not Enough
- Breaking Barriers: Lessons from the Frontlines
- Leaders are Made in the Deep End
- Making it Stick: Your Post Forum Action Plan
UFSC Leadership Meeting (Board Members and Chapter Delegates)
Saturday, September 28, 2019
UFSC Leadership Workshop at Central Bank of the Midwest Bellas Facility (Located Suite 101, 425 North New Bellas Road, Creve Coeur, MO 63141)
Maximizing Your Leadership Workshop
To register for the Banking and the Economy: A Forum for Minorities in Banking, hosted by the Federal Reserve of St. Louis, visit https://www.stlouisfed.org/events/2019/09/cd-mbf0919. Registration cost $250. Registration deadline is September 6, 2019 (limited space). Registration cost $250. Registration deadline is September 6, 2019 (limited space).
To register for UFSC hosted events (UFSC Leadership Meeting; UFSC Leadership Workshop on Maximizing Your Leadership): https://ufsc.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=form_263372 .
Registration cost: Early Bird Registration $50 UFSC Members, $65 Non-Members (Expires September 6, 2019). Regular registration $65 UFSC Members, $85 Non-Members.0