Morgan Stanley Smith Barney is looking for a few good people who have PASSION POSITIVITY ADAPTABILITY AMBITION to enter their Financial Advisor Associate Training Program in the VA area. This unique opportunity prepares you to become a Financial Advisor via an extensive curriculum, which in turn, will provide you with the tools and strategies needed to build a client base of high net worth individuals while sustaining long-term relationships with those clients. As a Financial Advisor, you’ll enjoy the freedom and independence to build your business with the support of a recognized leader.
View the full job posting and learn more about how to apply below
We are a global financial services firm, grounded in more than 130 years of experience. With over 18,000 Financial Advisors in 1,000 offices worldwide, we offer a complete range of financial services to a large and diversified group of clients and customers, including governments, corporations, institutions and individuals throughout the world. Our employees are high achievers who share integrity, intellectual curiosity and the desire to work in an atmosphere that is more collegial than many of our competitors.
PASSION POSITIVITY ADAPTABILITY AMBITION! These are the qualities of entrepreneurs! Start your own business without the start-up costs! As a Financial Advisor, you will plan for and solve the complex issues that come with wealth while helping families and individuals achieve their dreams. Our passion and client focus is evidenced in our clients having entrusted us with over $1.6 trillion of their hard-earned assets. You’ll receive competitive compensation including a base salary and uncapped earning potential. In today’s competitive job market this is an extraordinary opportunity to leverage the resources of a strong, global firm while running your own business!
For those looking for a superior foundation to build a career, consider a career using your business development skills in Finance / Financial Brokerage Services with Morgan Stanley Smith Barney. Leverage a strong brand but operate as your own firm! Our Financial Advisor Associate Training Program prepares you to become a Financial Advisor through an extensive curriculum which provides you with the tools and strategies needed to build a client base of high net worth individuals while sustaining long-term relationships with those clients. In addition, you’ll have access to a comprehensive training curriculum, mentoring, and access to state-of-the art financial tools and technologies. Once you become a Financial Advisor, you will use your product knowledge and networking talents to provide clients with a high level of individualized, comprehensive and world class brokerage financial services and investment strategies.
- Complete training on Morgan Stanley Smith Barney’s finance, wealth planning strategies and investment products
- Successfully complete required licensing required by law
- Engage business development knowledge to effectively source prospects and employ client acquisition and client relationship techniques
- Consult with clients on investment strategies; recommending investment products and services that are suitable for prospects and clients based on their objectives
- Recommend investment products and services that are suitable for prospects and clients based on their goals and resources
- Source prospective clients and seek referrals; assessing customer needs, and executing customized solutions to meet the customer needs
- Balance referral activities, customer follow up, prospect building, and administrative tasks
- Complete continuing education, training and licensing requirements
The best Financial Advisors are high achievers, astute listeners and skilled problem solvers who can offer specialized advice and an array of solutions to help clients meet their wealth management needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, sales, marketing or related
- 5 years of professional experience in Business Development, Sales, Legal, Accounting, Education, Military, Finance or other business
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Well organized with the ability to manage time effectively while managing multiple priorities
- Strong community presence with a strong network of personal and professional contacts
- Collaborative, team oriented with a strong work ethic
- Established personal and/or professional network
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction as to duration
- Successful completion of a background check and pre-employment assessments
Why Morgan Stanley Smith Barney?
Opportunity – You’ll enjoy the freedom and independence to build your business with the support of a recognized leader. Our market leadership allows you to cultivate client relationships and leverage your investment experience and record of success. As you grow and focus on business development, continue to enjoy the significant earning potential or transition to leadership roles on the branch or corporate level.
Training – In addition to your Financial Advisor Associate training, the Morgan Stanley Smith Barney Institute you will provide you with accessible, solutions based training to help you grow your business, refine your business acumen and deepen your knowledge of wealth management issues.
Global Citizenship - Our global citizenship is a direct reflection of the firm’s core values and enhances our ability to provide superior services to our clients, our employees and our communities. We are dedicated to making a positive contribution to society through our focus on environment, our communities, responsible business practices, strengthening the next generation of citizens, and our people.
To apply, go to http://www.morganstanley.com/about/careers/RFE_requirements.htm and select one of the two office locations: 600 E. Main St, Richmond, VA or 600 Thimble Shoals Boulevard, Newport News, VA
For more information, please call or email Desi Wyatt at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney via his contact information below.
Desi L. Wyatt
Business Development Manager
Southern Virginia Complex
Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
901 E. Byrd St, Suite 2000 | Richmond, VA 23219
Phone: +1 804 780-3345
Mobile: +1 804 241-5727