“Membership has its privileges”
UFSC (Urban Financial Services Coalition) members are minority professionals involved in various sectors of the financial services industry. Examples of these industries represented in our membership include, but are not limited to: banks, savings and loans, investment firms, insurance, mortgage, credit card, payment system services, small business owners and non-profit organizations . UFSC members have an entrepreneurial perspective and are resources for many opportunities in the financial services industry.
If you are looking for an organization that will help you to shape the financial services industry, showcase your talents, uncover your next career move, keep informed on current industry topics and issues, develop your job skills, or participate in mentor / mentee relationships, look no further.
It is crucial that we continue to stand as a viable resource to minority professionals in the financial services industry. However, we need your involvement, experience and expertise to make it happen. Please consider joining or rejoining our organization and getting involved, so we can make a difference in our corporations and our community.
You can join as a member of one of the chapters, click on the chapter pages listed below for more details:
- Central Maryland – Baltimore, Maryland
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Detroit, Michigan
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Los Angeles, California
- Omaha, Nebraska
- Puget Sound, Washington
- Richmond, Virginia
- San Francisco, California
BENEFITS Participants will:
- Get assistance in obtaining scholarships, internship and job opportunities.
- Set meaningful goals and follow through with them.
- Get more organized by improving their planning and time-management skills.
- Make work relationships more productive through “win-win” thinking.
- Improve their listening and communication skills.
- Solve problems creatively and deal with conflict productively.
- Adopt a “continuous improvement mindset” and improve their student/work/life balance.
- Learn the necessary skills to interact within a team.
- Develop new professional relationship within their peers and with professionals in the financial services industry.
COLLEGIATE ORATORICAL COMPETITION
UFSC’s Oratorical Competition is one of its many programs offered to enhance its members’ presentation skills. The idea of sponsoring an oratorical competition was conceived in 1993 by past president Paul Wiggins. Over the years, members have ignited untapped talents by delivering presentations on topics related to the financial services industry well deserving of an encore. At the 2011 Annual Conference in Baltimore, the decision was made to extend the competition to the MARK I Program. The winner is named the Urban Financial Services Coalition National Orator of the Year.
TO BE ELIGIBLE TO COMPETE, YOU MUST BE A STUDENT IN GOOD STANDING.
MARK I EMERGING LEADERS
“WHERE TOMORROW’S LEADERS WILL BE BORN AND TESTED”
- Personal Leadership Skills
- Financial Literacy
- Business Plan Preparation
- Physical Fitness
If there is not a chapter in your city, we welcome you to join as a national member. You will still receive UFSC updates and have access to all UFSC benefits.
Periodically local organizations may form as Interest Groups in hopes of becoming a UFSC chapter.