UFSC is engaged and on the move! Bravo to Ernesto Sampson from the Richmond Chapter of Urban Financial Services Coalition for attending activities and events at the Republican National Convention in Tampa and to Roderick Hayes of the St. Louis Chapter of Urban Financial Services Coalition for attending activities and events at the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte
Register to Attend! (https://ufsc.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=form_128047)
UFSC is committed to ensuring minority communities are on the road to financial stability regardless of who is in the driver’s seat. Be part of the conversation and join us in Washington, DC on September 21st and 22nd at our Annual Action Planning Retreat. This year we are partnering again with the Congressional Black Caucus and we are also joining the Michigan U.S. Black Chamber of Commerce. In addition, we are partnering with Operation Hope and ASHCE to present the Financial Inclusion Forum Road to Economic Stability for Communities of Color bringing community, government and private sector leaders together to share thoughts and develop solutions.
Friday, September 21 (SunTrust Bank, 1445 New York Avenue, NW, Washington, DC)
11:00 am – Departure from Springhill Suites Hotel to SunTrustÂ Bank Washington Headquarters (transportation provided by UFSC)Â
- 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. African American Briefing from White House Staff and Government Agencies. Invited speakers are Cassandra McConnell of the CFPB Office Of Financial Education, Heather Foster, White House of Engagement, Ron Busby, President and CEO of US Black Chamber, Inc.
- 2:00 p.m.to 3:00 p.m. Financial Inclusion Forum Roundtable Discussion — The Road to Financial Stability: Ensuring African American and Communities of Color are Not Left Behind.
- 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.. – UFSC Meet and Greet
- 7:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. Michigan U. S. Black Chamber Reception and Motown Live Party — featuring Eric Benet and honoring Congressman John Conyers, Jr., Congressman Hansen Clarke, Detroit Mayor Dave Bing, US Black Chamber, Inc. President and CEO Ron Busby – This event takes place at the The Mead Center for American Theater, Home of the Arena Stage,1101 6th Street Southwest, Washington, D.C. 20024 (by invitation only)
- 10:00 p.m. Michigan U.S. Black Chamber Celebration — featuring DJ Biz Markie (by invitation only)
Saturday, September 21st (SpringHill Suites, 22595 Shaw Road · Sterling, VA 20166)Â
8:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. UFSC Strategic Leadership Meeting — $50.00 (meals included)
- UFSC Chapter Development Workshop – What does it take to be a successful chapter in 2012-2013 (Membership, Financial Education, Economic Empowerment)
- Financial Stability Workshop for Professionals – Building A Wealth Legacy
- Expanding UFSC Collegiate and HBCU Programs – Developing Our Future Financial Leaders
- UFSC Professional Development Workshop — Maximizing Your Leadership Potential
- Fund Development Building UFSC Capital for Regions and Chapters
Visit www.ufscnet.org for registration information. The Financial Inclusion Forum and UFSC Meet & Greet on Friday is FREE and the cost for the Saturday Action Planning Retreat and Strategic Leadership meeting is $50.00.Â Separate cost for the “invitation only” Michigan U.S. Black Chamber activities event.
Special thanks to UFSC 2012-2013 Corporate Partners: FDIC, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, Charlotte Branch, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, SunTrustÂ Bank and Wells Fargo Financial Advisors)UFSC Financial Inclusion Partners: Operation Hope and ASHCE
UFSC Action Planning Retreat and Congressional Black Caucus Activities are for Urban Financial Coalition members and interested members