For over 40 years Urban Financial Services Coalition (UFSC) has been advocating for minority professionals and communities of color. In this season of the organization we have decided to give our advocacy efforts more structured and greater synergy. What has not and will not change is that UFSC is a non-partisan professional trade association for minority financial professionals that advocates for underserved communities of color.
We will still come together once a year to have our day on Capitol Hill to meet members Congress and participate in the American Bankers Association Washington Summit.
What is changing is how UFSC informs, educates and empowers our members and communities of color about regulations that impact the financial services industry. Once a month you will start receiving a monthly newsletter that summarizes the legislative actions that occurred during the month, in the upcoming months we will be adding a page to our site where you can find current regulatory and governmental issues from governmental agencies, regulators in the financial services industry, advocacy groups, financial services committee from the United States House of Representatives and Senate.
To kick off this initiative, I am proud to work with the following UFSC members: Willie Tate – DMV Interest Group; Robert Stone – Interest Group; Walter Brown -San Francisco;and Jason Matthews – San Francisco. We also grateful to have Ms. Rhonda Earman, AARP Fellow and the Law Offices of Lee Law Firm providing us administrative support for this initiative. If you have a passion for regulations, public policy or advocacy, please join our committee.
I hope you enjoy this inaugural newsletter and our legislative trackers. “Be the Leadership Change”
Chair, UFSC Legislative Committee
April / May Issue 2019
- A Message from the UFSC Legislative Committee Chair
- Recap of ABA Government Relations Summit 2019
- April/May House Financial Services Committee Scheduled Hearings and Markup
- OCC Bulletin:2019-19 Home Mortgage Disclosure Act
- OCC News Release -Enforcement Actions and Terminations for April 2019
- Regulatory Spotlight – FINRA
- Chamber of Digital Commerce Internship Opportunities
- Bill and Regulations We are Following (Attachments)
- List of Members of the House Financial Services Committee